intro
There are lots of working, learning, loving girls out there, who might need a hand at times.
The blog is created to help school girls out in various topics and questions, with some personal experiences and written in an either entertaining or helpful way.
profile
Rima is my name ~ at least here.
You can contact me here:
rima.student@yahoo.com
I'm around your age, if you're a school girl. Doesn't matter if you are 13 or 20 - I'm somewhere between that anyway!
recently added
Shugo Chara! Something Worth To Watch.
Top 5 Websites of November
Lollipops, Shugo Chara and Three Days Grace
One Minute Writer: Something You Should Really Che...
Jack's Story
October's Chick Flicks
Random Rima Ranting
Top 5 Websites of October
Becoming a Model
Improve Your Self Confidence

tagboard
monthly features
Becoming... | Book Review | Chick Flicks | Girl Meets Blog | SG Loves Music | Top 5 Websites | Wierd Questions |
linkages
Saruna.Net | The One-Minute Writer |
labels
Addictions | Anime | Attitude | Avoiding Becoming Bad | Babysitting | Balancing Life | Beauty | Blogging | Boredom | Boys | Career | Chores | Christmas | Clothes | Daily Routine | Dating | Emotions | Entertainment | Family | Flirting | Fortune Telling | Friends | Future | Games | Hair | Health | Holidays | Humour | Internship | Jobs | Laughter | Learning | Love | Marriage | Meme | Modeling | Moving | Online | PMS | Presents | Problems | Random | Relaxing | Religion | Rima | RR's Journey in The World of Moving | School | Self Confidence | Self Defense | Shopping | Show | Shyness | Siblings | Sports | Sleep | Stereotypes | Update | Work | Writing |
archives
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
affiliates
SoDead.Org | Chiui @ Voidskies | Affie |
credits
Designed by Rima
Host: photobucket & blogspot
Coding: !ferris
Images: Deviantart
"I'm Not Going To Get Married!"
Monday, November 17, 2008 @ 8:10 PM

...is what I often say nowadays. Because, seriously, over 50% of marriages end in divorce nowadays. And why would I need to prove my love by signing a paper, which might cause lots of problems when it comes to divorce? Nah, marriage is not my style. I have way too many con reasons. For example, I get bored of people easily. Namely, from boyfriends. Sounds bitchy? It's still true. If someone can't keep me interested, can't show anything new, I don't feel sorry to dump them. There's no point in hiding the truth, as they say. So, why do my parents believe, that me, a girl, who hadn't had a boyfriend for more than 6 months (which is absolutely her record, others could only "last" until some weeks, if they were lucky) could EVER get married? A bond that would last for a lifetime? Might work for others. But not for me.

Probably any guy (or girl?) might hate me reading this. And I'm sorry if that's the case. Don't keep reading if you are one of them, please.

"Marriage isn't what you think it is. It's a license you give the government that allows greedy opportunistic lawyers to steal everything you own. Here in America there are a lot of people making a lot of money splitting up relationships hunting for people like you to suck you dry."
Do you agree with this? I don't know. It sounds a bit too harsh, even if a part of me is nodding all the way.

I hate that getting married is an expectation from my family. Or am I only complaining about this because of PMS? I doubt that. "You will change your mind!" What if I won't? "You MUST change your mind!" You hear the difference, right?

"We all grow up with tales of girls and guys dating, marrying, and settling down. We watch all the sitcoms about how wives act and how husbands act. We have all these stereotypes in our head about the woman being used as a slave and nagging all the time. We have stereotypes about guys belching, sitting on the couch and scratching our privates. We also build up these fantasies about a wife being a perfect cook that never looks at another guy - and the husband earning the money, coming home and bringing his lovely wife flowers."

I don't want to marry just to please others. This is my life. Why would they have a reason to ruin it? Shouldn't they just accept the way I live? It's not bad for my health, or anything...

"They don't live in your house (hopefully!) or live your day to day life. Only you know what is best for you. They are free to marry who they want. They don't have the right to then force YOU to make life-changing decisions because THEY think it would be fun.

If they want to order people around or play match-maker, they should buy a copy of the Sims and make little computer-people get married. In your world, you are in charge and you should ONLY consider marrying if it is 100% right for you. You are the one who has to live with the consequences."

You don't need to agree. Just think over this whole... question. And share your ideas/arguments! I wonder if I'm the only one who is so much against this tradition.
Anyway, I guess I will write a pro-post about marriage, as well. I don't want to be too negative.

Credit: RomanceClass.Com

Labels:

5 notes