intro
There are lots of working, learning, loving girls out there, who might need a hand at times.
The blog is created to help school girls out in various topics and questions, with some personal experiences and written in an either entertaining or helpful way.
profile
Rima is my name ~ at least here.
You can contact me here:
rima.student@yahoo.com
I'm around your age, if you're a school girl. Doesn't matter if you are 13 or 20 - I'm somewhere between that anyway!
recently added
So School These Days is Easy...?
Random Rima Ranting # 2
Wierd Question Number Two - Weakness
Snow and Moving
PMS = Our Reason To Act Bitchy
Two Things About Being a School Girl
"I'm Not Going To Get Married!"
Shugo Chara! Something Worth To Watch.
Top 5 Websites of November
Lollipops, Shugo Chara and Three Days Grace

tagboard
monthly features
Becoming... | Book Review | Chick Flicks | Girl Meets Blog | SG Loves Music | Top 5 Websites | Wierd Questions |
linkages
Saruna.Net | The One-Minute Writer |
labels
Addictions | Anime | Attitude | Avoiding Becoming Bad | Babysitting | Balancing Life | Beauty | Blogging | Boredom | Boys | Career | Chores | Christmas | Clothes | Daily Routine | Dating | Emotions | Entertainment | Family | Flirting | Fortune Telling | Friends | Future | Games | Hair | Health | Holidays | Humour | Internship | Jobs | Laughter | Learning | Love | Marriage | Meme | Modeling | Moving | Online | PMS | Presents | Problems | Random | Relaxing | Religion | Rima | RR's Journey in The World of Moving | School | Self Confidence | Self Defense | Shopping | Show | Shyness | Siblings | Sports | Sleep | Stereotypes | Update | Work | Writing |
archives
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
affiliates
SoDead.Org | Chiui @ Voidskies | Affie |
credits
Designed by Rima
Host: photobucket & blogspot
Coding: !ferris
Images: Deviantart
November's Chick Flick - Twilight Hysteria
Friday, November 28, 2008 @ 9:35 PM

I wrote about more movies in October, but right now I'm tired and have got some packing to do, so I'll keep it sweet and short. I went to watch Twilight today, and what shall I say... I was quite disappointed. There were some really lovely scenes, but overall it was not what I was expecting. (Partly my fault, I had too high expectations, I guess.)

Twilight: TWILIGHT is an action-packed, modern-day love story between a teenage girl and a vampire. Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) has always been a little bit different, never caring about fitting in with the trendy girls at her Phoenix high school. When her mother re-marries and sends Bella to live with her father in the rainy little town of Forks, Washington, she doesn't expect much of anything to change.

Then she meets the mysterious and dazzlingly beautiful Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson), a boy unlike any she's ever met. Edward is a vampire, but he doesn't have fangs and his family is unique in that they choose not to drink human blood. Intelligent and witty, Edward sees straight into Bella's soul. Soon, they are swept up in a passionate, thrilling and unorthodox romance. To Edward, Bella is what he has waited 90 years for, a soul mate. But the closer they get, the more Edward must struggle to resist the primal pull of her scent, which could send him into an uncontrollable frenzy.

But what will Edward & Bella do when a clan of new vampires, James (Cam Gigandet), Laurent (Edi Gathegi) and Victoria (Rachelle Lefevre), come to town and threaten to disrupt their way of life? --© Summit

My opinion: "This movie is definitely a victim of its own expectations", a quotation that I read here sums up what I want to say. Even though my day (week, month) has been awkward, reminding myself that I get to have 2 hours Edward-time will make up for everything. But I didn't count with the dumb fangirls, who kept giggling and chatting next to me (damn annoying) and I didn't really care about the fact that its budget was quite low, either. My logic was pretty easy: book was good, movie will be good. End. Of. Story.

It didn't work. They left out so many important scenes and changed other ones, that probably someone who hasn't read the book can't keep up with the fast development.
(However, this doesn't mean that I'm not going to watch it every week until it comes out on DVD.)
I guess it would have been better if it would've been a 3-hours-long movie. You can't just skip some hundred pages from the book, duh! Every sentence is important.

What I liked about the movie:
- Charlie!!
- Kristen's acting made up for (the not so many) faults of Rob
- Victoria and James
- The kissing scene (Who didn't love that...?)
- Edward's look after he saved Bella and realized what he has done
- Alice and Jasper together - uber cute!
- Kitchen scene at The Cullens (Rofl, cooking Italian food! "Is she even Italian?" - "Of course, she's Italian, her name is Bella..." And when Emett waves at her with that knife or what-the-hell-that-was!! EPIC WIN!)
- Jacob
- Baseball... Cullen-style!
- Edward's personal joke with the graduation caps

What I disliked about the movie:
- Fast development
- Bella's mother (for some reason I don't feel that she was the right actress)
- Cullens' story left out
- Jessica (She wasn't THIS irritating in the book, was she?)
- Lots of important scenes left out
- The scenes after Bella sees Edward's skin sparkling... where's the lovey-dovey part? You didn't think that that small looking-at-each-other-for-a-while-scene when they are at the meadow is enough, did you? Wtb original lines from the book.
- Not enough Edward and Bella scenes
- Sparkles were slightly wierd
- Bella's Lullaby (Yiruma's River Flows in You is waay better.)

Probably many of you already know that Summit Entertainment has announced that "that the studio is officially moving ahead with a sequel to “Twilight”, to be based on the second novel in the series by Stephanie Meyer, “New Moon”."

If you don't...

"Los Angeles, CA November 22, 2008 — Summit Entertainment announced today that the studio is officially moving forward with the production of NEW MOON, the second installment of its filmed franchise TWILIGHT, the action-packed, modern day vampire love story. The movie will be based on the second novel in author Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight series titled, New Moon. The first movie in the TWILIGHT franchise, the self-titled TWILIGHT, arrived in theaters this weekend to sold-out showings.

Stephenie Meyer stated, “I don’t think any other author has had a more positive experience with the makers of her movie adaptation than I have had with Summit Entertainment. I’m thrilled to have the chance to work with them again on NEW MOON."

I'll try to keep my expectations low this time. Even if it will be a hard thing to do.

Labels: ,

2 notes